Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

I DID IT!

As stated in a previous post, I am a HUGE procrastinator! I have tons of wonderful ideas. I make sure to announce my idea and run right out and buy all the supplies needed to make it. I do this public and financial commitment in hopes that since I said the idea out loud to the world and actually spent money on it, I would get off my butt and do it. However, the idea usually ends up filed away in the 'later gator' folder in my brain and craft/art room(s).

This has been my pattern for as long as I have known myself. Many who love me and support me have tried to nudge me along when needed. And from that nudge I probably hop a step or two forward, but never all the way to the end. Then my husband comes along... He does not nudge. He slaps the facts down and stares me right in the eyes and thrust me forward. He may be rough about it, but it works...as long as I have my mother balancing things out by nudging me kindly. Don't get me wrong, James is not cruel or abusive. He is just strong and has a good way of explaining things to me.

So with him pushing me firmly and my mother loving me all the way, I have accomplished one of my dreams! I was scared to death, but I moved forward! I took my feeling of not being worthy and shoved it in the dirt! I am now selling my artwork to a boutique in New Orleans!!! They bought several pieces and placed orders for more! My artwork is worthy! People other than my family and friends really like it! WOOOWHOOOO!! Go ME! Now for the next boutique...
Mosaic Crab

Mosaic RedFish

Mosaic Crawfish



My dreams are coming true! I am going to work hard and keep the ball rolling.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! James sounds a little like my Robby, at least in the nudging department, LOL :) So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/22/2011

    YaY!!! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete