Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Art for Outside!

I make and sell art that can go outside. The tin canvas paintings are an example of this. They hang perfectly on a porch or shed or pool house, etc. Everyone who sees the finished product is always amazed when I tap it and prove to them that it is made of tin, not canvas.

So, to help those of you who can not actually see one of these creations in person, here is a quick 'How I Made That'...

First, I build the frame out of treated wood and then I measure out the tin.
I cut the tin....HAND CUT. I now have STRONG hands/arms.
I line everything up and get ready to staple it all in place.
This is the finished tin canvas ready for painting.
I put 3-4 layers of a primer on the tin canvas.
(first layer of primer)
I create my painting and then seal everything. It is now ready to hang outside!

I have been making and selling these pieces of outdoor art for a little over two years now. They hold up fantastically to mother nature. The only time I would suggest bringing them indoors is during a tremendously windy storm/hurricane because they are much like a car in the fact that they will scratch.

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful! I have seen them in person! I am in awe of Brandi's talent! So, so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete