Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Eleven

 My mother and I delivered a Mardi GRAS order to Little Miss Muffins today, so by the time I got home I was too tired to paint, sew, bead,etc. I did have to cook dinner. I tried another new recipe and it was a success with the boys and myself! Very yummy!

I bought a Lawry's Chimichurri Burrito Casserole seasoning pack at my local grocery store and was glad I did. I've made Mexican Casseroles in the past and none had enough flavor. This did!

You brown a pound of beef. Take the seasoning pack and mix it with a cup and a half of water and 8 ounces of tomatoe sauce. Once the meat is cooked, drain it and add one cup of the sauce and then a can of black beans that have been drained and rinsed, to the meat.

The original recipe says to make eight burritos, but under that there is an idea to make a layered casserole instead. I made the layered casserole. 

Take three 8" flour tortillas and layer them on the bottom of a 13" baking dish. Now put half the meat mixture on that and sprinkle on some cheese. Next put two tortillas down and then the rest of the meat and some more cheese. Top the casserole with three more tortillas and pour the remaining sauce over it. Finally top with more cheese and bake in a 350degree oven for 15 minutes.

I promise, you are gonna like it if you love Mexican dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment